Why & How to Hire an Arborist
Arborists are tree care professionals. They have been trained to understand the needs of trees and are properly equipped to provide top-quality care. Well-cared-for trees can lead to substantial returns whereas poorly-cared-for ones can be a substantial liability.
Hiring an arborist is often not an easy task. Here is what to look for:
- Check for professional memberships.
- Check for ISA arborist certification. Arborists must continue their education in order to maintain this certification and are therefore more likely to be up to date on the latest techniques.
- Ask for proof of insurance — personal, liability and workers compensation.
- Check for professional permits and licenses if required in your community.
- Ask for references…and check them!
- Get more than one estimate.
- Do not go with the lowest bidder. Be sure to weigh the experience, price, skills, references, quality and other factors.
- Get it in writing! Be sure you clearly understand what will be done, when it will be done, who is responsible for cleanup and the total price.
- Be wary of individuals that go door to door with a work crew "ready to go." Most reputable companies are too busy to solicit work in this way.
- A good arborist will not top a tree, use climbing spikes on a tree that will not be removed, removing or disfiguring live trees without just cause.
Call Arbor Barber Tree Care Today!
For emergencies call: 1-609-847-5047